I'm thinking that staying off soda may be the answer to many of my issues; If I don't crave, I wont eat a bunch of garbage, and I'll lose weight. If I don't crave, I wont spend a lot of money on impulsive restaurant purchases, and I'll be able to save up for a sofa. Also I went to the dentist today and had two cavities, so there's another way staying off soda will help me. I'm wondering what I should give up next. I will not give up cocktails, though, no matter what world problems it would solve.
How about a quick Friday Five?
1) How is your tolerance for alcohol? Is this a question of the quality of my drunkenness, or the speediness of my drunkenness? I am a light weight, and a very loving and indiscreet drunk.
2) How's your tolerance for noisy neighbors. Low if its lame adults, high if its kids. I am the noisy neighbor on my street right now, constantly screaming for the dog.
3) How's your tolerance for physical pain? Very, very low. A doctor during my hospital stay was sure I'd passed a gall stone without my knowledge, and I assured her that I start to whimper if I get thirsty. I don't think a gall stone would elude my notice.
4) How's your tolerance for intolerant people: Low, very low. Unless I'm the one having an intolerant moment, then I'm fine with it.
5) How's your tolerance for bad music? Medium. I can hang for a while, depending on how generous I feel at that particular time. There was a woman I used to work with who would commandeer the office stereo first thing in the morning with 5 CDs of all the same type of music, and around CD number 3, I would have to put a stop to whatever it was. She kept telling me to "expand" my musical interest, but after 5 straight hours of Tom Waites, I wanted to "expand" my fist right into her mouth.
Have a good weekend, brothers and sisters!