Okay, here I am, I'm back. You were just about to give up on me weren't you? But I'm here! Always here, lurking around.
Instead of posting inane stories about my life and my hangnails and whatnot, I have done the following things:
1) Packed up my entire house, 14 years worth of crap, and stored it like this:
Just add two piles of sofa cushions, and that's almost everything I own. (I thought I had more crap. It sure felt like more when I was packing it...)
2) Taken some of my clothes to my parents' house, where I am currently living (I know! More on this later, you can bet your ass.)
3) Made approximately 500 decisions about cabinets, appliances, siding, ducting, pizza toppings, and what color my toenails should be.
4) Fallen into bed at the end of each day praying for deep, dark, dreamless sleep, only to be woken by a) the cat either scratching in the litter box with which we are sharing a room, crunching his food, or purring wildly in my ear and rubbing his face on me, or b) Leila, waking up in the middle of the night and coming in to my bed because she watched Celebrity Ghost Stories and is extra freaked out now (in addition to being a regular amount of freaked out at watching the only home she's ever known get torn apart.)
5) I've been taking pictures like this:
and saying Holy Shit! out loud to anyone who happens to be passing by.
So that's where I've been, and I have to go back to that right now...
so much activity going on over there - i can't keep up!
Post a Comment