Its been two years.
Two years, 4 months and 19 days since I said goodby to you all. Feels like longer.
I've missed you. I've missed writing. I've missed typing. I've missed the small (very small) amount of fame in my town. I've missed having a place to complain about my family and my ass and what to make for dinner.
So I've decided to come back.
BORED HOUSEWIFE IS BACK, Y'ALL!
I don't know how I will catch you up on all the happenings of the last two years; they've been mundane, excruciatingly hard, sometimes heartbreaking, but also good - so good - and funny, and warm and full of love and life. Here's a brief update:
1) I have a moderately successful business doing residential interior design: I finished design school, have clients and love it. Sometimes I've very busy, and sometimes I'm not. I haven't quite figured how to make money. I'm working on it.
2) I'm still married: 21 years now. Leila has asked me to please never get divorced, and I told her we can't afford it. But I kinda like the guy.
3) I have a 15 year old daughter with purple hair: Teenage girls are no joke. Woof. I say a quiet prayer of thanks daily that she doesn't dress like a ho, and she likes school, and isn't on drugs. More on her later.
4) My loathsome cat, Sunny, died last year, and the same day we got another dog: a puppy named Bryce. I have two dogs. I don't know what I was thinking.
5) I have pretty much completely given up on making dinner for my family. I know what I'm about.
6) I am still a lard ass. I don't think this will ever change. I have the appetite of an 8 year-old at a birthday party.
7) I have done some major travel, including India and the Mediterranean, but I wont bore you with travel pics. (unless you really want me to.)
8) My parents are alive and well, but I can report that some of their friends are not. Getting old is a bitch.
9) We cut the cord, and now I have to buy seasons of Law and Order on iTunes, which I do. No commercials is my favorite thing about modern life, and I will never go back. In fact, TV is so good now, I have real problems getting off the couch.
10) I don't know if I have a number 10. I'm so annoyed and upset by what is going on in the world everyday, and I want to be a positive force. I want to be kind, and help others be kind, and have some laughs and give some laughs and do what I can.
I hope I still know how to be funny.
I hope I have something to say, (although why should I start now?)
I hope you might still be out there.
WATCH THIS SPACE
Yay! I am glad you will be writing again!
You still There? Love the old entries. My world, similar. Have a four and a half year old. Link to Instagram or YouTube 👍👍
Post a Comment